Гость Gerardo Considerato

Serial number problem after formatting NVRAM

В этой теме 12 сообщений

Hi, I have a problem with my phone and its NVRAM.

I rooted the phone with SP Flash Tool and, during the flashing operations, I accidentally formatted my NVRAM and lost the important informations of the device. I succeeded in restoring IMEIs and WiFi Mac address, but I'm having problems with the serial number. I tried to restore the original serial number using Maui Meta and "Barcode download", but the serial number never appears in "Settings -> About phone -> Status" of Android. If I connect the phone to the PC through adb, the device is recognised as "0123456789ABCDEF".

Is there a way I could fix this? Thank you in advance.

Отредактировал Gerardo Considerato

Поделиться сообщением

Поделиться сообщением

My device is a Lenovo A2016a40, also known as Lenovo B or Lenovo Vibe B.

Поделиться сообщением

В 16.01.2017 в 18:01, Gerardo Considerato сказал:

but I'm having problems with the serial number

In most cases the serial number is not needed

В 16.01.2017 в 18:01, Gerardo Considerato сказал:

the device is recognised as "0123456789ABCDEF"

It's not serial number, its ADB ID number when you used ADB utilities

Поделиться сообщением

13 minutes ago, psihipofigist said:

In most cases the serial number is not needed

It's not serial number, its ADB ID number when you used ADB utilities

I also thought so, but now I'm not sure the "0123456789ABCDEF" string is not only related to ADB because:

• In "settings -> about phone -> status" there's no SN field shown.
  • Invoking the dialer sequence to show the SN, a popup appears containing the message "SN: nullnull".
  • If I invoke "getprop ro.serialno" or "getprop ro.boot.serialno" in a terminal (on the phone), the returned value is "0123456789ABCDEF".
  • I downloaded the famous "Device ID" app from the Play Store, and the "Hardware serial" field shows "0123456789ABCDEF".

I know that the serial number is not useful in daily use of the device, but I'd prefer to restore the serial number too. For example, I wonder if it could be a problem for Lenovo support.

PS - Currently, the only system property that holds the correct serial number is "gsm.serial".

Поделиться сообщением

@Gerardo Considerato, Hardware ID - a unique number generated by the application (eg game or tested apps) on your own algorithm (it includes a motherboard, etc.)

Do you have a package (box) from your smartphone?
The serial number written on the box.
Lenovo smartphones used SN Format for ROW smartphone: 4 characters and 6 digits (eg: NNNN000000)

Поделиться сообщением

I (fortunately) have the package of the phone, the serial number is there and under the back cover. The serial number format of the phone is different from the one provided by you: it is a casual string, with 6 characters and 2 digits.

EDIT - The device hardware ID is usually fixed and also provided in "settings -> about phone -> status", in my case there's nothing there. I'm not referring to the Android Device ID (it can change).

Поделиться сообщением

@Gerardo Considerato Unfortunately, no now method for restoring sn., As it may not affect anything - no one  try to recover.

Поделиться сообщением

I finally managed to restore the serial number using Maui Meta, thanks to a suggestion here in the forum. In practice, the barcode field (used in Maui Meta) have 63 or 64 digits/characters: the first 23 digits/characters refer to the product number, the other ones refer to the serial number. I had to fill all 63 digits/characters, using spaces at the end of product and serial numbers. I'll make an example (look at the quotes):

Product number: "ABCDEFGHI"

Serial number: "0123456789"

Barcode string to use: "ABCDEFGHI              0123456789                              "

The product and serial numbers finally appeared in "settings -> about phone -> status" menu. The original suggestion is for Lenovo P70-A but it worked with my Lenovo A2016a40, so I think it could work with other models too. Here is the original suggestion:

Поделиться сообщением

Hi Gary,

I also formatted NVRAM. With your information, I was able to restore the serial number of my VIBE B. However, I have not been successful to restore IMEI. I've been trying to use maui meta.

May you help me? What were the steps that you adopted for recovering IMEI?

If possible, please, share any required file. Regards!

Поделиться сообщением

On 20/11/2017 at 2:18 AM, afrolius said:

Hi Gary,

I also formatted NVRAM. With your information, I was able to restore the serial number of my VIBE B. However, I have not been successful to restore IMEI. I've been trying to use maui meta.

May you help me? What were the steps that you adopted for recovering IMEI?

If possible, please, share any required file. Regards!

Hi, I restored those informations months ago, meanwhile I formatted my PC so I don't have the programs I used anymore. However, if I remember well, I managed to restore IMEIs with Maui Meta, it should be an option in the same drop-down menu where "serial number" option is located.

Поделиться сообщением

On 1/20/2017 at 10:46 PM, Gambit3158 said:

I finally managed to restore the serial number using Maui Meta, thanks to a suggestion here in the forum. In practice, the barcode field (used in Maui Meta) have 63 or 64 digits/characters: the first 23 digits/characters refer to the product number, the other ones refer to the serial number. I had to fill all 63 digits/characters, using spaces at the end of product and serial numbers. I'll make an example (look at the quotes):

Product number: "ABCDEFGHI"

Serial number: "0123456789"

Barcode string to use: "ABCDEFGHI              0123456789                              "

The product and serial numbers finally appeared in "settings -> about phone -> status" menu. The original suggestion is for Lenovo P70-A but it worked with my Lenovo A2016a40, so I think it could work with other models too. Here is the original suggestion:

You are saying Product Number; Is it P/N number on the box or is it product Id on the box.

Поделиться сообщением

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти

• Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу